BROTHER DCP-L2550DW UNBOXING SETUP
UNPACK YOUR BROTHER DCP-L2550DW PRINTER
- Unpack your printer and take out all the components you received.
- Your package includes the Brother DCP-L2550DW printer, drum unit and toner cartridge, installation disc, and a quick setup guide.
- Take off all the packing materials from your printer and its accessories.
- Ensure that all the items are delivered without any damage.
- Discard all the packing materials from your printer and its components.
- Open the printer's front cover. Then, take the supplied drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. Remove its orange part and push it firmly into its holder. Once it fits into its place, close your printer's front cover.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW - LOAD YOUR PAPER
- Extend the paper tray and slide the paper guides all the way out.
- Take a paper stack and load it into the paper tray; make sure not to overload the sheets beyond the indicated mark.
- Finally, reinsert the paper tray into the printer.
CONFIGURE YOUR BROTHER DCP-L2550DW PRINTER
- Connect the given power cord to the rear port of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press the Menu button. Using the up and down arrow buttons, select Initial Setup and press OK.
- Select Local Language and press OK. Then, choose your preferred language and press OK.
CONNECT YOUR BROTHER DCP-L2550DW PRINTER AND COMPUTER
- Take the installation CD you received and insert it into your computer's CD drive. Run the setup file and install the software on your computer by following the instructions.
- If your computer doesn't have a CD drive, get the software from Brother's official website and install it on your computer.
- If you wish to know the detailed procedure for downloading the driver, the upcoming sections can help you.
- Connect your printer and computer using a USB cable or over a Wi-Fi network and start printing.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- From the default browser, visit Brother's official support page.
- Enter Brother DCP-L2550DW in the search field and press Enter.
- When you are directed to the product support page, click Downloads.
- Your OS will be detected, and the appropriate drivers will be displayed.
- If you need the driver for a different Operating System, select the OS family and version according to your preference and click OK.
- When it shows you the compatible drivers, select the one you prefer the most and click on it.
- On the following page, read the software's End-User License Agreement and click Agree to the EULA and Download.
- The selected driver will start to download in the background.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW DRIVER INSTALL
- Once you have downloaded the driver for your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer, locate the file in the Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) pop-up appears, click Yes.
- When prompted, select the connection type you prefer and connect your printer and computer accordingly.
- If you have selected the Wireless network option, enter your router's password when prompted by the installer. Also, ensure that you connect your printer to the network to which your computer is connected.
- Proceed with the instructions on the screen and complete the Brother DCP-L2550DW installation.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW USB SETUP
- Get the software from Brother's official website. If you have the CD-ROM that came with your printer, insert it into your computer’s CD drive.
- Run the setup file and if you see the User Account Control pop-up, click Yes.
- When prompted, select the connection type as “USB connection” and connect your printer and computer accordingly (using a USB cable).
- Proceed with the instructions on the screen and complete the USB setup.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW WIRELESS SETUP
When you configure your printer for the wireless connection, you can print your documents across various devices. This section shows you how to complete the wireless setup of your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer.
- On your printer control panel, choose Network using the navigation keys and press OK.
- Select WLAN and press OK.
- Select Setup Wizard and press OK.
- When "WLAN Enable?" appears, enable the wireless network.
- Now, it will show you a list of available networks.
- Select your router's SSID and enter its password in the respective field.
- The connection between your printer and router will be established within a short duration. Your printer control panel will show you the "Connected" message to intimate this.
- If you have a WPS router, you can quickly establish a connection between your printer and router without entering your security key.
- To connect your printer and router via WPS, press Menu on your printer control panel and select Network> WLAN> WPS. You have to select every option using the navigation keys, and you should confirm that by pressing the OK button.
- When the "WLAN Enable" message appears, enable it and press your router's WPS button. Then, the connection will be established between your printer and computer.
- In case you haven't installed the printer software yet, run the setup file and click Yes when the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box pops up.
- When prompted, select the connection type as "Wireless network" and enter your router's password in the respective field. Also, ensure that you have connected your Brother printer to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and complete the setup.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW PRINT
- Load enough paper into the paper tray.
- Refer to the previous sections and install the driver on your computer.
- Connect your printer and computer over a network or using a USB cable.
- Open the printer software and choose your preferences, including orientation, media type, resolution, etc.
- Finally, click OK to complete your print operation.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW HOW TO SCAN
- Load your originals on the scanner glass.
- On your printer control panel, press Scan.
- Using the arrow buttons, select the Scan to PC option and press OK.
- Select Image and press OK.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, select the destination computer and press OK.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, the scanned documents will reach directly to the connected computer.
- If you want to modify the scan settings, click Options and make the necessary changes.
- Once done, click OK> Start.
- Now, your printer will start scanning the document and saves it to the specified destination.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW COPY
- Before you copy your documents, ensure that you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray.
- If you are going to copy multiple pages, place your documents into the ADF with the print side facing up. Conversely, to copy a single page, place the originals on the scanner glass with the print side facing down.
- On your printer control panel, press Copy. Then, choose the number of copies using the arrow buttons.
- Finally, press Start.
BROTHER DCP-L2550DW TROUBLESHOOTING
Learn the troubleshooting solutions to handle the existing printer problem on your own. This section lists some effective solutions to fix your printer problems.
- BROTHER DCP-L2550DW NOT CONNECTING TO WI-FI
- If your printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi, check your Internet connection in the first place. If it is not stable, fix the problem and check if your issue is resolved.
- A simple power cycle gives your printer a fresh start. To do the same, turn off your Brother printer and disconnect the power cable from your printer's rear port and the electrical outlet. Leave your printer disconnected for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cord to your Brother printer and turn it on.
- If your printer and router are far away, get them closer and check if your problem is rectified.
- If print jobs pile up on your printer's memory, your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer may start to malfunction. To fix this issue, you should cancel all the print jobs you have sent to your printer so far. Click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select the See what's printing option. Then, go to the Printer tab and select Cancel All Documents. Now, check if you can connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- If your printer driver or firmware is outdated, it can lead to connection issues. Therefore, update it to the recent version and rectify your problem.
- In most instances, removing and re-adding the printer can help you fix the connection issues. To do it, go to the Devices and Printers section and remove your printer from the list. Then, re-add your printer and ensure that your problem is solved.
- BROTHER DCP-L2550DW NOT PRINTING
- If your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer is not printing, check if it is turned on. In case it is in sleep mode, wake it up by pressing any button on the printer control panel.
- Verify the functionality of the power outlet to which you have connected your printer. If it is not working, resolve the problem by connecting your printer to a different power outlet.
- Check the connection between the Brother printer and computer. If you have connected them using a USB cable, disconnect and reconnect the cable. If the USB cable is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, check if you have connected them over the same network. In case you connect them to different networks, you cannot access your printer from your computer.
- It is always important to set your printer as default. To do it, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your printer and select the Set as default printer option.
- The driver establishes smooth communication between your printer and computer. If it is outdated, get the updated software from Brother's official website and install it on your computer.
- BROTHER DCP-L2550DW IS NOT SCANNING
- If your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer is not scanning, check if it shows any error codes. If so, rectify the problem with the appropriate troubleshooting solutions.
- If there is a paper jam on your printer, it will not scan anything. To fix this problem, remove all the jammed paper from your printer. Then, check if your issue is resolved.
- Now, check the connection between your printer and the computer. If you have connected them using a USB cable, check if the connection is firm enough at both ends. If you have connected them to different networks, they cannot communicate with each other. So ensure to connect them to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing, your printer will not scan anything. To fix this problem, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select the See what's printing option. Then go to the Printer tab and ensure that these options are turned off.
- Update the driver to the recent version and check if your problem is resolved.
- If you keep sending print jobs to your printer, it will malfunction at some point. To fix this problem, go to the Devices and Printers section and cancel all the print jobs you have sent.
- It doesn't matter what the issue is; a power cycle can help you handle it effectively. Therefore, power cycle your Brother printer and check if it can scan your documents.
If you still cannot rectify your printer problem, get back to us for expert assistance.