Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw is a single-functional monochrome laser printer that delivers outstanding professional printouts at a low cost/print. Its printing speed is excellent and comes with some great features such as:
- Auto duplex printing.
- Print Memory up to 64 MB.
- 250-sheet cassette.
- 1-sheet multi-purpose tray.
- Support different varieties of media types.
- Convenient connectivity options.
- Mobile printing solutions.
- Embedded Web Server, etc.
This monochrome laser printer is known for its Wi-Fi connectivity options. You can set up the Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw printer wirelessly using the Infrastructure mode or WPS (Push or PIN).
This printer support page shows you how to perform the Canon ImageCLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Setup process in detail.
How To Connect Canon LBP6230dw To Wifi?
In this step-by-step guide, we will be taking you through the process of connecting your Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw printer to Wi-Fi using the Infrastructure Mode and the WPS method in Windows.
Preparing For Canon Wi-fi Setup
Before you begin the Wi-Fi setup, ensure the following:
- The Canon imageCLASS printer’s hardware setup is completed.
- The wireless router is turned on.
- The Windows computer (on which you wish to install the printer) is connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
- The latest and the most compatible Canon LBP6230dw Printer Driver is downloaded for Windows.
- You have the USB cable that is recommended for your printer.
Why do I need a USB cable for a wireless printer setup?
Even if the Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw wireless setup is straightforward, you need to temporarily connect your printer to the Windows computer using the USB cable during the driver installation to complete the Wi-Fi setup successfully.
Setting Up Canon Wireless Printer
Installing The Printer Driver
- Open the Downloads folder or the folder in which you have saved the driver file.
- Double-click on the downloaded driver file.
- Now, the file will be compressed, and the new folder with the driver name will be created in the same folder.
- Open the new folder.
- Locate and double-click on the Network_Setting_Tool folder followed by the CNAN1STK.exe file to begin the LBP6230DW wireless setup.
- Click Yes.
- Type your Windows computer’s password in the given field if prompted.
- When you reach the “Printer Installation- Select printer installation” screen, choose the “Install with USB Connection” option by clicking the radio button beside that option.
- Confirm and proceed with the selected option by clicking the Next button on the same screen.
- Now, if a warning dialog box appears, click Yes in it.
- Turn on your Canon printer if it is turned off.
- Connect the USB cable (recommended for your printer) from your printer to the computer when the installation screen prompts.
- Now, the installer file will try to recognize the connected printer.
- If the file detects the printer successfully, the printer’s drivers will automatically start installing on your computer.
- Once the drivers are installed, the “Installing is complete” message will appear on the screen.
- Click the Restart My Computer Now option.
- If the installer file fails to detect the printer, a warning dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Click the Retry button in the Warning dialog box to detect the printer and install its drivers.
- Open the CNAN1STK.exe file again.
- The dialog box named “Network Setup Tool” will open this time.
- Click the radio button beside the Wireless LAN Connection option in the opened dialog box.
- Select the “Yes, I want to…” option on the next screen.
- Choose the Easy Setup option when prompted.
- Now, the dialog box prompting you to choose the connection method that you wish to use to connect the Canon imageCLASS LBP6230DW printer to a wireless network will open.
- Click the radio button beside the My wireless LAN access point has a WPS button option if your router has the WPS button and you’re using the WPS method for the Wi-Fi setup.
- Similarly, if your router doesn’t have a WPS button or you wish to use the Infrastructure Mode, select the “My wireless LAN access point doesn’t have a WPS button…” option.
- Now, a dialog box based on your connection method selection will open.
Connect Via WPS
- Switch on your printer if it is turned off.
- Now, hold down the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel for a few seconds.
- Release the button once the Wi-Fi indicator starts flashing.
- Locate and press the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Now, your printer will try to connect to the available wireless network.
- Once it is connected, the Wi-Fi light becomes solid blue.
- Return to the Network Setup Tool wizard and click Next below the “If the Wi-Fi indicator is on:” section.
Wireless Infrastructure Mode
- Restart your printer if it is turned on.
- Now, connect the Canon imageCLASS printer to your Windows computer (on which you’re running the driver installer file) using the USB cable.
- Click the Next button on the “Configure the network settings using…” screen.
- Choose your wireless network name when prompted.
- Connect your imageCLASS printer to the wireless network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once it is done, disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
Completing The Canon Imageclass LBP6230dw Wi-fi Setup
- Complete the rest of the wireless setup process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Finally, restart your computer to finish the setup.
Contact our technical experts if you need real-time assistance in connecting your Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw wireless setup.