- Ensure that the Canon printer’s hardware setup is completed.
- Make sure that you have the most compatible and newest printer driver for your OS type downloaded on your computer.
- Ensure that the USB or Ethernet cable is not connected from your printer to the computer or the router/access point.
- If you’re using a firewall, temporarily disable it to avoid issues during the MF642Cdw wireless setup.
- Ensure that your printer, Mac computer, and router are placed in the same room.
- Also, ensure that the computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
How To Connect The Canon Mf642cdw Printer To Computer?
You can connect your Canon ImageCLASS MF642Cdw printer to a computer over a wireless, wired, or USB connection. This page shows you how to connect the printer to your computer wirelessly.
Contact our technical experts if you need to know how to connect the Canon MF642Cdw printer to your computer using the USB or wired connection method.
Initially, connect your Canon printer to a wireless network. After doing that, install the Printer Driver on your computer to complete the Wi-Fi setup process.
Canon MF642cdw Connect To Wi-fi
- Switch on your Canon imageCLASS MF642Cdw printer if it is turned off.
- Choose the Menu option on the main screen of the printer.
- Tap on the Preferences option followed by Network.
- Type your printer’s ID and password in the given fields and tap Log In if prompted.
- Now, the Network screen with the list of options will open.
- Choose Wireless LAN Settings and tap Yes on the confirmation screen.
- Now, the printer will try to configure the wireless settings.
- Once the settings are configured, the Settings configured message screen will open.
- Tap OK on the following screen.
- Now, the Wireless LAN Settings screen displaying the list of available connection methods will open.
- Tap on the SSID Settings option on the Wireless LAN Settings screen to perform the Wi-Fi setup using the Infrastructure method.
(If you wish to use the WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup method, tap on it and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi network).
- Choose the “Select Access Point” option on the opened screen. (Tap Enter Manually on the same screen if you wish to enter your network credentials manually).
- Now, your printer will look for the available wireless networks within its range.
- Once the detection process is done, the available network SSIDs will be displayed on the screen.
- Tap on your network name.
- Type the network’s security key in the given field.
- Now, your printer will try to connect to the selected network.
- Once it is done, the Connected message will be displayed on the printer screen.
- Tap Close.
- Now, install the printer driver to complete the Canon ImageCLASS MF642Cdw Wireless Setup.
Installing the printer driver
- Run the downloaded canon imageclass mf642cdw driver file on your Mac computer.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to install the driver.
- Click the Install button on the Installation Type screen.
- If prompted, type your Mac computer’s user name and password in the given fields and click Install Software in the opened dialog box.
- Complete the printer driver installation by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- After completing it, add your Canon printer to the printers’ list on your Mac computer.
- To do so, open the Printers & Scanners screen on your computer.
- Click the Plus icon.
- Choose your printer in the Add dialog box.
- Type the printer name in the Name field of the Add dialog box.
- Choose the driver name from the Use drop-down menu of the same dialog box.
- Finally, click Add.
From this guidance you can know Canon Imageclass Mf642cdw Wireless Setup on your Mac computer. Contact us if you need real-time assistance in performing the Canon Imageclass Mf642cdw Wireless Setup in Windows.