“Are you wondering how to set up your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer?” If that’s the case, you have reached the right page. This page will show you how to set up your HP printer for the first time, perform the print operation with it, and the procedures to troubleshoot your printer issues.“IsAre the printer setup process easy to perform?” YES. You can set up any printer pretty easily. To do so, first, you need to prepare the printer for it. After doing that, choose the connection type from the recommended list and connect your printer to the computer or smartphone using the same. Finally, install the printer software or app on your device to finish the setup process. We will show you how to unbox and the HP aserJet Pro M203dw printer setup on this page.HP LaserJet Pro M203dw is a monochrome wireless laser printer designed for small home and home/office printing needs. It is a great printer that comes with a built-in duplexer, Ethernet connectivity, and more. This is one of the HP laser printers that you can get at a reasonable price. Some other highlighting features of HP LaserJet Pro M203dw are:
- Automatic Duplex Printing
- Direct Print Support
- Wireless capability
- Memory of up to 256 MB
- Mobile printing services
- Input capacity of up to 250 sheets
- Security management and more
The HP LaserJet Pro M203dw setup is a straightforward method to perform. Continue reading this page to know more about the same.
UNBOXING & SETUP
The step-by-step guide given below will walk you through the process of setting up your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer for the first time.
Unboxing the printer packagebox
OpenUnbox the box and unpack your printer completely. Skip this step if you have already unpacked your printer for the setup.
- Open the top cover of the product box.
- Remove the printer components left at the top of the printer.
- Now, take the printer out of the box.
- Remove the Styrofoam pieces and the packing cover from the printer.
- Peel off all the packing tapes from inside and outside the printer.
- Ensure that the packing materials are removed carefully from the printer.
- Move the unpacked printer to a clean surface and go to the next step of the HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer setup.
- The toner cartridge is pre-installed on your printer. Don’t remove the cartridge from its slot when unpacking your printer. Remove the cartridge only when you’re replacing it.
Load the recommended paper type into the main input tray of your printer.
- Open the main input tray.
- Move the width guides to the ends.
- Get a stack of plain, A4, U.S. letter size, or U.S. legal size paper and load it into the tray.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded with its print side facing up.
- Adjust the guides properly.
- Now, close the main input tray if you have loaded the A4 or U.S. letter size paper in it. Otherwise, leave the main input tray opened.
- Open the output bin extension and its extender.
Turning on the printer
Switch on the printer to complete the printer’s hardware setup.
- Connect your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer directly to the electrical outlet.
- Switch on your printer.
- Wait for the printer to calibrate and finish its initial boot-up process.
- Once they are done, and your printer becomes stable, go to the last step of the HP LaserJet Pro M203dw setup.
Installing the printer software
Install the LaserJet Pro M203dw printer software on your computer to complete the setup.
- Download and run/open the HP printer software or app on your computer.
- Install the printer on your computer with the software or app.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the software installation is done correctly.
Printing a test page (Windows)
- Open the Devices and Printers screen.
- Locate and right-click on your HP LaserJet Pro printer.
- Click Printer Properties > Print a Test Page > OK.
Congratulations! The HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer setup is completed and the printer is ready to use.
HP LASERJET PRO M203DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Download the HP LaserJet Pro printer driver for your Windows or Mac computer from the printer’s support page by following the instructions given below.
- Go to the official support page of the HP printer from your Windows or Mac computer’s web browser.
- Choose your printer model correctly from the Products list.
- Click on the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab followed by the Go button on the support page of your printer.
- Now, the "Software and drivers for HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer" screen will open.
- Check to ensure that your OS type is selected correctly. PickChoose the desired OS type by clicking the Choose a different OS command if necessary.
- Now, locate the recommended printer driver or app for the selected or detected OS type and click the Download or Install button beside it.
- Once the selected printer driver or app is downloaded or installed, open and use it to install the printer on your computer.
The HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer driver installation process may vary based on the software availability and your OS type.
For the HP Easy Start
- Initially, ensure that your printer is not connected to the computer over a wireless or USB connection.
- Next, open the HP Easy Start software on your computer.
- Accept the license agreement and install the printer drivers on your computer when prompted.
- Similarly, choose the desired connection type when prompted.
- Install the HP Easy Start software by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
For the HP Smart app
- Initially, connect your HP printer and the Windows or Mac computer to the same wireless network. (Scroll down this page to know how to connect your printer to the wireless network).
- Next, disconnect your printer from the VPN connection if it is connected.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Sign in to your HP account if prompted.
- Add your printer to your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
HP LASERJET PRO M203DW WIRELESS SETUP
The instructions below will guide you in setting up your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer over a wireless (Wi-Fi) network using the HP Smart app from your Windows 10 computer.Note: If you’re using the older version of Windows (7), first, connect your printer to the wireless network. After doing that, download & run the HP Easy Start software on your computer. Add the printer to your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
Preparing the printer and the computer
- Initially, ensure that your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer’s hardware setup is completed.
- Next, connect your Windows 10 computer to the same wireless network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
- Download the HP Smart app for your OS from the printer’s support page if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Place the printer, computer, and router in the same room or closer to each other.
- Check whether your printer is in thea wireless setup mode. If not, enable it.
- Usually, the Wi-Fi Setup mode is automatically activated when you turn on the printer for the first time, and it lasts for 2 hours.
- Now, if it ishas been more than two hours since you turned on the printer, reset its network settings to default.
- To do so:
- Turn on your HP printer if it is turned off.
- Press the Cancel button if your printer is in sleep mode.
- Now, hold down the Wi-Fi and Cancel buttons simultaneously for five seconds.
- Once the network settings are restored, begin the Wi-Fi setup process as discussed below.
Setting up the printer over a wireless network
- Run the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Sign in to your HP account if necessary.
- Connect the HP LaserJet printer to your wireless network by following the on-screen instructions.
- Configure the printer settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
HP LASERJET PRO M203DW PRINT SETUP
Follow the instructions below to prepare your printer for the print operation.
- Initially, check whether your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer’s hardware setup is completed. If not, completefinish it by referring to the instructions given under this page's “unboxing & setup” section.
- Next, connect your printer to the computer over a wireless, wired, or USB connection.
- For the Wi-Fi connection: Install your printer on your computer over the wireless network by referring to the instructions under the “HP LaserJet Pro M203dw wireless setup” section of this page.
- For USB
- Run the HP Easy Start software on your computer
- Choose the USB Connection option when prompted.
- Similarly, connect your printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Install your LaserJet Pro printer software on your computer to complete the USB setup.
- For Wired
- Connect your printer directly to the network device using the wired (Ethernet) cable.
- Connect the Windows or Mac computer to the same network over a wired or wireless network.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer.
Printing a document (Windows)
- Open the software program on your computer.
- Choose the document you want to print.
- Click on the File menu. Select Print. Alternatively, press the Ctrl and P buttons simultaneously to open the Print dialog box.
- Check to ensure that your HP LaserJet printer is selected correctly.
- Now, locate and click on the button named “Properties” or “Preferences” ion the Print dialog box.
- Configure the advanced print settings as per your needs and click Print.
- Now, if your HP printer prints the selected document successfully, it indicates that the print setup is done correctly.
- Re-perform the print setup process if the printer fails to print the selected document.
HP LASERJET PRO M203DW TROUBLESHOOTING
Facing an issue or a problem when using the printer is a very common thing. However, almost all the printer problems are easy to fix. The HP LaserJet Pro M203dw troubleshooting solutions given below will help you fix the “printer not printing” and “printer offline” issues.Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in fixing your printer problems.
- PRINTER NOT PRINTING- QUICK FIX
- As the first step of troubleshooting the “printer not printing” problem, check whether your LaserJet Pro M203dw printer is turned on and ready for the print operation.
- If not, turn on the printer and prepare it for the print operation.
- Secondly, ensure that the main input tray of your printer has enough paper to perform the print operation.
- Also, check to ensure that the toner cartridge is installed properly in its slot.
- Next, check whether your printer and the computer are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network to fix the print problem. If the printer is not printing again, try the next solution.
- Reinstall the printer software on your computer.
- Disable the third-party firewall on your computer if you’re facing this problem after enabling it.
- Finally, restart your printer.
Contact us if the printer is not printing even after performing the above HP LaserJet Pro M203dw troubleshooting solutions.
- PRINTER OFFLINE
“Is your HP printer status displayed as offline?” or “Are you receiving the “offline printer” error while performing the print operation from your computer?” If yes, try these simple troubleshooting methods to fix it.
- Initially, turn on the printer and prepare it for the print operation if you haven’t done it yet.
- Next, complete the printer’s hardware setup manually or using the HP Smart app.
- Use the HP diagnostic tool (HP Print and Scan Doctor) if you’re facing an offline printer problem when performing the print operation from the Windows computer.
- Similarly, use the HP Smart Diagnose and Fix tool if you’re facing a print problem when using the Mac computer.
- Check and set your printer as the default machine if you haven’t done it yet.
- Fix the printer connection issue if it exists.
- Re-add your printer to the computer.
- Reset the print system, if necessary, to fix the offline printer issue on your HP printer.
And, that’s how you do HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Printer Setup and troubleshoot its issues. In case you find any difficulties during the setup process or require further clarifications, contact us.