HP LaserJet Pro M255DW is a simple color laser printer that’s manufactured for home and small office requirements. If you are going to set up this printer for the first time, just follow the below instructions carefully to complete the setup.
Contents Inside The Box
- HP LaserJet Pro M255DW printer
- HP LaserJet cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow)
- Installation guide
- Power cord
- USB cable
Now, confirm that all the above contents are available inside the product box.
Unpack The Box
- Open the product box and remove the power cord and printed documentation from the package.
- Next, take out all the remaining contents from the box and keep them separately for later use.
- Remove the printer from the box. Make sure that you do it with extreme caution.
- Remove all the protective tapes and other materials located around the LaserJet Pro M255DW printer.
- Discard the plastic film from the control panel.
- Pull out the paper tray and remove the protective tapes inside.
- You can now close the paper tray.
Turning On The Printer
- Plug the power cable to the HP LaserJet Pro M255DW printer’s rear and the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Go to the control panel of your printer and start the initialization process.
- Select your language on the printer screen and tap the Yes button to confirm.
- Next, choose your location from the available list and tap Yes to confirm.
- Perform the on-screen prompts on your printer and complete the initial setup.
- Pull out the paper input tray from your printer and move the guides.
- Load a stack of plain sheets into the input tray. Make sure that the sheets are not damp or curled. If you load such paper, you might end up with a paper jam.
- Ensure that the loaded sheets do not exceed the maximum limit mark.
- Adjust the paper width guide until it rests at the edges of the stack.
- Insert the input tray back into the HP LaserJet Pro M255DW printer.
- This printer comes with a preinstalled HP black original toner.
- So, you don’t need to install it while setting up your printer for the first time.
- But, you need to replace the toner when it is running low.
HP LaserJet Pro Software Setup
The printer driver will help your computer understand the printer’s technical details. The driver ensures that the assigned print jobs are sent from the computer to the printer. You can download and install your driver by visiting the official support page of your printer. By following the below instructions, you can complete the printer driver download on your computer.
- Open the default web browser on your computer and access the official support page of your HP LaserJet Pro M255DW printer.
- Next, click on the Support tab at the top of the window and select the Software and drivers option from the list. Next, pick the Printer category.
- Input your printer model name in the respective field and click on the Submit button.
- When you have finished confirming your computer’s OS and version, select the printer’s driver file that you want to download from the list and click on the Download option.
- Now, the driver file will start to download on your computer.
You can complete your printer’s unboxing and HP Color Laserjet Pro M255DW Setup by following the above instructions. In case you have any other issues with your printer, contact our technical experts to solve them. For this purpose, use the call option on this page.