HP LASERJET PRO M283FDW UNBOXING AND SETUP
CONTENTS INSIDE THE BOX
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer
- Introductory HP LaserJet cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow)
- Installation guide
- Power cord
- USB cable
- Phone cord
Make sure that all the contents are available inside the box.
UNBOXING THE PRINTER
- Open the box and remove the power cord and printed documentation from the package. Now, remove all the remaining contents from the box.
- Take the printer out of the box and remove the foam packing materials.
- From the plastic bag, take out the printer.
- Remove all the orange protective tapes around the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer.
- Discard the plastic film from the control panel.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Separate the packing material from the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
LOADING THE PAPER
- Pull out the paper input tray from your printer. Slide the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Load a stack of plain sheets into the input tray.
- Confirm that the loaded sheets do not exceed the maximum paper limit.
- Now, adjust the paper width guide until it stops at the edges of the stack.
- Insert the input tray back into the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer.
POWER ON THE PRINTER
- Connect one of the ends of the power cord to the printer’s rear section. Plug the other end into an electrical socket.
- Now, you need to press the Power button to turn on your HP printer.
- Go to the control panel of your printer and then pick your language.
- Tap the Yes button to confirm.
- Next, choose your location and tap Yes to confirm.
- Select the Default Settings you want to use on the printer screen and press OK.
- This printer comes with a pre-installed HP black original toner.
- So, you don’t have to install it while setting up your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer for the first time.
- But, you need to replace the toner when it is running low.
You can complete your printer’s unboxing and hardware setup by following the above instructions.
HP LASERJET PRO M283FDW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The printer driver will help your computer understand the printer’s technical details. You can download and install your printer’s driver by visiting the official support page of your HP printer. By following the below instructions, you can complete the printer driver download.
- Open a web browser on your Windows computer.
- Visit the official support page of your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer.
- Next, you need to click on the Support tab at the top of the window.
- Select the Software and drivers option from the list.
- Now, choose the Printer category.
- Input your printer model name in the respective field below the Enter your product name option. Click on the Submit button.
- Your computer’s operating system will be shown automatically at the top of the next page.
- If you wish to change the operating system, click on the Choose a different OS link. Then, pick your operating system and its version from the respective drop-down lists.
- Next, select the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer’s driver file that you want to download from the list and then click the Download button.
- Now, the chosen driver file for your HP printer will start to download on your computer.
HP LASERJET PRO M283FDW DRIVER INSTALL
- After completing the driver download, open the executable file on your computer and start the installation process.
- In the Let's get started wizard, click the Continue button to start the driver installation.
- Click the Next button in the Software Selections window.
- Now, accept the Installation Agreements and Settings and then click on the Next button to proceed.
- Wait for some time to install the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer’s software on your computer.
- In the Connection Options window, choose the Manual Setup option to connect your printer and computer.
- Click on the Next button to continue.
- Now, select the way you want to connect your devices and click Next.
- If you are using a wireless connection, make sure to connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Now, perform the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
HP LASERJET PRO M283FDW WIRELESS SETUP
USING THE PRINTER SOFTWARE
- Ensure to connect your computer to a wireless network.
- Make sure to connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Before starting the Wi-Fi setup, you must know your network name (SSID) and the WEP key or WPA Passphrase if necessary.
- Now, launch the printer software on your computer. Click the Tools tab at the top of the window.
- Click on the Device Setup & Software option from the list.
- Select the Connect a new device option and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the wireless setup.
- When your printer is connected successfully, the Wireless button on the machine’s control panel will flash in blue.
USING THE PRINTER’S CONTROL PANEL
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer screen.
- Select the Network Wi-Fi ON option from the list.
- Tap on the Settings button on the printer screen.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option from the list.
- Select the network name (SSID) from the available list.
- Next, enter the passphrase of your network and tap the OK button.
- Once you see the Connection established message on the printer screen, tap the OK button.
You can complete the wireless setup of your printer by following the above instructions.
HP LASERJET PRO M283FDW PRINT SETUP
- Before starting to print a document from your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer, make sure to load the paper into the input tray.
- Open the document on your computer and select the Print option.
- Make sure to select your printer from the available devices’ list. Now, open the Properties dialog box.
- Here, select the Layout tab.
- Choose the Orientation option you want to use from the drop-down list.
- Click the Pages per Sheet drop-down list and choose the option you wish to use.
- Next, select the Paper/Quality tab.
- Set the media type, print quality, and color settings.
- Click on the Advanced button and set the paper size setting.
- Close the Properties dialog box by selecting OK at the bottom of the window.
- Next, click the Print or OK button to start the printing process.
You can complete your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer’s print setup by following the above instructions.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshooting helps to clear most of the bugs in your printer. The printer will face some common problems due to connectivity, hardware, or software issues. By following the below procedures, you can troubleshoot your printer problems.
HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M283FDW DISPLAY NOT WORKING
- RESTART YOUR PRINTER
- If you have already turned on your printer, turn it off by pressing the Power button.
- Unplug the power cord from the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer’s rear and the electrical outlet.
- If you have connected any Ethernet or USB cable to your printer, disconnect it.
- Wait for some time and let the printer cool down.
- Again, connect your power cord to the back of your printer and the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Use the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Check if the printer display is working properly.
- If this troubleshooting method does not work, follow the next one.
- PERFORM A POWER RESET
- Turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- Before you start to reset, wait until the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer is idle.
- With the machine turned on, disconnect the power cord from its back side.
- Now, wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Again, plug the power cord to the rear of your printer and the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Hit the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Now, check whether the display of your printer is working properly.
- If the issue continues, perform the below instructions.
- UPDATE THE FIRMWARE
- First, make sure to connect the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer to your computer or network.
- Now, open the default browser and visit the official printer support page on your computer.
- Navigate to your printer model name and select your computer’s operating system.
- Below the Firmware section, choose Firmware Update Utility.
- Click the Download option.
- After completing the download, run the executable file.
- Once the utility launches, choose your printer from the drop-down list and click the Send Firmware option.
You can fix the “printer display not working” issue by following the above instructions.
HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M283FDW NOT PRINTING
- CHECK THE CONNECTIVITY
- Make sure to connect the power cord to the rear of your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer and an electrical outlet and then turn it on.
- If you connect the printer and computer with a USB cable, see if the cable is connected correctly or in case of any problem with the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- If you are connected using a Wi-Fi network, check if the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- Now, check whether your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer is printing properly.
- If the issue continues, follow the below instructions.
- RESTART THE PRINT SPOOLER
- Select the Start menu on your computer and type services in the search box.
- Next, choose the Services option from the search result.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option from the right menu panel.
- Click on the Stop option from the drop-down list.
- Now, navigate to the respective print spooler folder on your computer.
- Choose all files from the printer’s folder and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go back to the Services window, right-click on the Print Spooler option, and select Start.
- Check whether the issue is solved. If not, follow the next procedure
- DELETE THE PRINT JOBS
- On your computer, select the Start menu at the bottom of the window.
- Next, open the Control Panel window and select the Hardware and Sounds option from the list.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, right-click on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer’s icon and select See what’s printing from the list.
- Choose the Printer tab at the top of the window.
- Select the Cancel All Documents option from the drop-down list.
- Now, check whether your printer is printing properly.
You can fix the “printer not printing” issue by following the above instructions.
HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M283FDW PRINTING BLANK PAGES
Sometimes, you will see that your printer prints only blank pages. This issue will occur due to the low/empty toner level. If you have this problem with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer, follow the below instructions to fix it.
- CHECK THE ESTIMATED TONER LEVEL
- First, go to the printer’s control panel and select the Setup option from the home screen.
- Tap on the Reports option from the list.
- Choose Supplies Status on the printer screen.
- The printer will start to print the supplies status report.
- Now, check the report to see if any toner level is low.
- If no toner levels are low, you need not replace them.
- If any toner ink level is low, follow the below instructions to replace it.
- REPLACING THE TONER
- Open the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer’s front door.
- Use the blue handle and pull out the toner drawer.
- Remove the toner you want to replace from the respective slot.
- Now, uncover the new toner from the package.
- Insert the new toner into the respective slot.
- Make sure that the toner is installed correctly in its place.
- Follow these instructions to replace the other toners that are low.
- Now, insert the toner drawer into the printer.
- Close the front door of your printer.
- Print a test page and check whether the issue is solved.
That’s how you fix the “printer printing blank pages” problem.
In case you need further clarifications on HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw Setup and troubleshooting, just use the call option on this page to contact us.