Hp Laserjet Pro M479fdw Setup
HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw is a multifunctional wireless printer recommended for office requirements. This printer can produce professional-quality printouts. It is an energy-efficient printer that supports a wide range of connectivity options. Read this page completely if you want to know how to set up your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW UNBOXING SETUP
- Open the product box and take out all the components you have received.
- Your package includes the HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer, ink cartridges, power cord, USB cable, and a getting started guide.
- Remove all the packing materials from your printer and its components.
- Ensure that all the items are delivered without any damage.
- Take the included power cord and connect it between the printer and an electrical outlet. Then, press the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Extend the paper tray and slide the guides to the extreme ends.
- Load a paper stack and adjust the guides against the loaded stack.
- Finally, re-insert the paper tray into the printer.
- Since the printer comes with preinstalled ink cartridges, you don’t need to think about cartridge installation.
- To get the driver for your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer, visit HP’s official website and enter the printer model. Then, get the software compatible with your Operating System.
- Install the software on your computer by following the instructions.
- Hereafter, you can use this software to access your printer.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW PRINTER DRIVER
The printer driver plays an essential role in establishing communication between your printer and computer. For your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer, you can get the compatible driver from HP’s official support page. Here are the detailed instructions to get the software from HP’s official page.
- From your default browser, visit the official page of HP.
- Enter your printer model and click Submit.
- From the search results, click on the right printer.
- When directed to the support page of your printer, click on Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Your OS will be detected on the following page, and the compatible drivers will be displayed.
- Select the most appropriate driver and click Download.
- Now, the chosen driver will start to download in the background.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW DRIVER INSTALL
- Once you have downloaded the compatible driver for your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer, you can go ahead and install the software.
- Locate the driver file in the Downloads folder of your computer and run the setup file.
- In case the User Account Control dialog box pops up on the screen, click Yes.
- When the license agreement screen appears, go ahead and accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, you will find the connection method screen. Here, just choose the connection type you prefer.
- Next, connect your HP printer and the computer according to the type of connection you have picked.
- If you have selected the wireless connection method, enter your router’s password when prompted by the installer. Also, make sure to connect your HP LaserJet printer to the same network to which you have connected your computer.
- Proceed with the instructions on the screen and complete the installation.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW WIRELESS SETUP
Wireless setup lets you print your documents from your computer without connecting your printer and computer using any cables. Follow these instructions to know the wireless setup for your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer.
- Swipe down the dashboard and touch the Setup icon on your printer control panel.
- Touch Wireless Settings> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- When it displays the nearby wireless networks, select your router’s SSID and enter its password in the respective field. Then, the connection between your printer and router will be established in a short duration.
- If you cannot locate your router’s SSID, enter the credentials manually and establish the connection.
- Download the compatible software from HP’s official website and install it on your computer.
- Now, you can use the installed driver to access your printer wirelessly.
Note: Ensure that you are connecting your printer to the same wireless network to which your computer is connected.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW WI-FI PASSWORD
You can find the Wi-Fi password of your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer on its control panel itself. Follow these instructions to know your printer’s Wi-Fi password.
- On your printer control panel, open the dashboard and touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon.
- On the Wi-Fi Direct Details screen, select Wi-Fi Direct Settings.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Direct Status and take a note of your Wi-Fi Direct name and its password.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW SCAN SETUP
- Place the originals on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP Scan software and click Scan> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Adjust the scan settings according to your preferences and click Scan.
- If you want to scan the loaded originals using the printer control panel, open its dashboard and touch the Scan icon.
- Touch the Computer icon and select the destination computer to which you want to scan your documents.
- To modify the scan settings, touch the Settings icon and make the necessary changes. Then, touch Send/Start Scan.
- Now, the loaded documents will be scanned to the destination computer.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW COPY SETUP
- Load your originals on the scanner glass.
- On the printer control panel, tap the Copy icon followed by the Document icon.
- Now, select your preferred settings for your copy job.
- To make further changes to your job, tap the Settings icon and make the necessary changes.
- Using the keypad on your printer control panel, enter the number of copies you need.
- Finally, tap Copy.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW FAX SETUP
- Connect the telephone cord between the fax port on the printer and a wall jack.
- Open the software on your computer and configure the time, date, and header.
- To send a fax from your printer control panel, load the document on the scanner glass.
- On the printer control panel, open the dashboard and touch the Fax icon.
- Touch the Send Now option.
- Using the touch keypad, enter the fax number of the recipient.
- Finally, touch Send.
HP LASERJET PRO M479FDW TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshooting methods enable you to handle printer issues on your own. They can guide you to resolve the problems in a streamlined manner. This section shows you the best solutions to fix the common problems that occur on your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer.
- HP LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW NOT PRINTING
- If your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw is not printing, check if it is turned on and connected to a working power source. Check the functionality of the power outlet by connecting a different device to it.
- Check the connection between your HP LaserJet printer and the computer. If you have connected them using a USB cable, disconnect and reconnect the cable. If the USB cable is damaged, replace it with a new one. For a wireless connection, see if you have connected your HP printer and computer over the same network. In case you connect them to different networks, you cannot access your printer from your computer.
- Check if your HP printer is set as default on your computer. If you haven’t set it yet, navigate to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your HP LaserJet printer, and select the Set as default printer option. This step ensures that all the print jobs go directly to your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer.
- To fix the problem of the print jobs accumulating on your printer, perform these steps: Access the Devices and Printers screen of your Windows computer, right-click on your HP LaserJet printer, and choose See what’s printing. Then, click the Printer tab and select the Cancel All Documents option.
- The printer’s driver establishes smooth communication between your printer and computer. Therefore, keep it updated for the proper communication between your devices (printer and computer).
- HP LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW SCANNER NOT WORKING
- If the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw scanner is not working, you need to troubleshoot the problem with the appropriate solutions.
- If the scanner is not working, check if your printer shows any error codes. If there is a paper jam on your printer, you cannot scan your documents. In that case, remove all the jammed paper from your printer and fix the problem.
- Check the connection between your printer and the computer. If you have connected them using a USB cable, ensure that the connection is firm enough at both ends. If you have connected them over a network, confirm that they are connected to the same network.
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline, go to the Devices and Printers section and disable the option.
- If the driver is outdated, there will be a communication breakdown between your HP LaserJet printer and the computer. As a result, the scanner will not work. To fix this problem, get the updated driver from HP’s official website and install it on your computer.
- In case print jobs pile up on your printer’s memory, your printer may not operate properly. To resolve this problem, go to the Devices and Printers section and cancel the print jobs you have sent to your printer.
- Execute a power cycle. To power cycle your HP LaserJet printer, turn it off and disconnect its power cable from its rear port and the power outlet. After a minute, just reconnect the power cable to the printer’s rear port and the power outlet.
- Now, check if the scanner is working.
- HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW ERROR CODES
- If your printer control panel shows you the error message “10.0x30 Unauthorized
< Color >Cartridge,” it signifies that you have installed third-party ink cartridges on your printer. This HP LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw printer is configured to work only with genuine HP cartridges. To fix this problem, replace all the third-party cartridges with genuine HP toner cartridges.
- If you see the error message “10.0X.57 Protected
< Color >Cartridge” on the printer control panel, it signifies that you have installed the protected cartridges. Cartridge Protection is a feature that allows an administrator to restrict the cartridges to be installed on only one printer. If you have installed such cartridges on your printer, you will probably end up with an error code. To fix this problem, replace the installed cartridges with new ones.
In this manner, you should set up your HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer. For further questions and clarifications, you can reach our technical experts for assistance.
- If your printer control panel shows you the error message “10.0x30 Unauthorized