HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W SETUP
Ready to set up your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer? This webpage will assist you in setting up your printer right from unboxing up to the software installation process. You can perform these setup steps easily without the help of a third person.HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w is an affordable, multi-functional laser printer designed for simple office and home printing, scanning, and copying needs. Its print speed is excellent. This printer delivers outstanding black and white document printouts.Some interesting features offered by HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w are:
- Wireless printing
- Mobile printing services (HP Smart app, Apple AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, etc.)
- Hand-free printing (Works with Alexa)
- HP auto-on/auto-off technology
- Convenient connectivity options and more
Initially, remove all the packing materials from your printer if you haven’t removed them yet. Next, load paper and turn on the printer. Finally, install the printer software on your computer to finish the setup process.Scroll down this page to know the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer setup process in detail.
UNBOXING AND SETUP- STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
In this step-by-step guide, we will take you through the process of unboxing and setting up your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer for the first time.
Opening the product box
Skip to the “Unpacking the printer” section if you have already opened the product box.
- Open the product box.
- Inside the box, you can find the toner cartridge (pre-installed), setup CD/ROM, a power cord, user guides, and the printer.
- Remove all the components and the printer from the box.
- Place the printer on a neat and stable surface and go to the next step of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w setup.
Unpacking the printer
- Remove the printer from the Styrofoam pieces and the packing cover.
- Gently peel off all the packing tapes from the important parts of the printer.
- Raise the top cover of your printer.
- Take the pre-installed toner cartridge out of the printer.
- Remove the orange clips and the sealing tape from the cartridge.
- Place the unpacked toner cartridge back into the printer.
- Lower the top cover.
- Recycle the packing materials properly and go to the next step of the setup.
- Open the output and input trays and their extensions.
- Fan a stack of A4, U.S. letters, plain or any paper from the recommended list.
- Load the paper with its printable side facing up in the tray.
- Adjust the width guides properly and ensure that they are not pushed too far in.
Turn on the printer
- Place your HP LaserJet printer closer to an electrical outlet.
- Now, plug one end of the power cord (that’s shipped along with your printer) into the printer’s inlet and the other end into your electrical outlet.
- Ensure that you’re not using a surge protector or an external adapter to connect your printer to the power source.
- Now, press the Power or ON/OFF button on your printer to turn it on.
- Once the printer becomes stable, and all the lights on its control panel are solid, go to the next step of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer setup.
Installing the printer software
- Choose the device on which you wish to install the printer.
- If you wish to install your HP LaserJet printer on a computer, use the Wi-Fi Direct or USB connection method to connect the devices together. After choosing the device, install the HP Easy Start software or use the HP Smart app to complete the printer setup.
- Similarly, if you wish to use your smartphone, connect your printer to it using the Wi-Fi Direct method. Install and use the HP Smart app or use the AirPrint option to print documents from your phone to the printer.
Congratulations! The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w setup is completed, and the printer is ready to use.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W PRINTER DRIVER
A setup CD/ROM containing the full feature software of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer is provided along with the product during the purchase. You can use it to install the printer on your Windows or Mac computer. If the provided CD is incompatible with your OS type, you can download the printer driver for your OS type from the printer’s support page.Follow the instructions below to download the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer driver for your OS type.
- Visit the official page of HP.
- Choose your printer model from the Products list or use the search field available on the official page.
- Click Software, Drivers, and Firmware > Go.
- You will be redirected to the Software and drivers for the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer page.
- The opened page will display the recommended and available printer drivers for your current OS type.
- Click on the Choose a different OS command if you want to download the printer driver for the OS type other than the current one.
- After choosing the OS type, locate the recommended printer drivers for it and choose the one you need.
- Click on the Download command below or beside the selected driver.
- Now, the selected printer driver will start to download.
- Once the driver is downloaded, open and install it on your computer.
- Before you begin the driver installation, ensure that your printer is not connected to the computer over a USB or wireless connection.
- Now, run the downloaded printer driver file or open the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Install the printer on your computer by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer driver installation is done correctly.
- If the test page is printed, the driver installation is done correctly.
- Otherwise, re-perform the driver installation.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W WIRELESS SETUP
The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer can be connected to your smartphone or computer wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Direct method. Perform the step-by-step instructions below to connect your printer and the device wirelessly via Wi-Fi Direct.Initially, enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer using its EWS page. After doing this, connect your printer to the smartphone or computer wirelessly.
Enabling the Wi-Fi Direct option
- Go to the EWS page of your printer from the web browser on your computer.
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Type the IP address of your HP printer in the search field. (You can find your printer’s IP address on its configuration page. Scroll down this page to know how to print the configuration page on your printer).
- Tap Enter to go to the printer’s EWS page.
- Click on the Networking tab on the printer’s EWS page.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Direct Setup option followed by ON.
- Click the Apply button.
- Now, if you wish to change your printer's default Wi-Fi Direct name, locate the Wi-Fi Direct Name field on the Wi-Fi Direct Setup screen.
- Type the name of your desire in the given field and click Apply.
Connecting the printer to a device
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi light is solid on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct menu on your computer or smartphone.
- Choose your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name from the list.
- Type the Wi-Fi Direct network’s password in the given field if prompted. (Note: Scroll down this page to know how to find the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w Wi-Fi Direct password).
- Tap or click the Connect button.
- Once your LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer is connected to your device over a wireless network, you can use it as per your needs.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W WIFI PASSWORD
You can find your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer’s Wi-Fi Direct password in two different ways.
- From the printer’s control panel.
- From the EWS page of your printer.
From the printer’s control panel
The network summary or configuration page contains all the details about the Wi-Fi connection.
- Turn on your HP printer if it is turned off.
- Now, locate the Start Copy button on your printer’s control panel.
- Hold down the located button for a few seconds.
- Within a few seconds, the Ready light will start flashing.
- Release the Start Copy button.
- Now, your printer will start printing the configuration page or network summary page.
- Review the page and note down the Wi-Fi Direct password of your printer.
From the EWS page of your printer
- Review the configuration page and note down the IP address of your printer.
- Open the browser.
- Type the printer’s IP address in the browser's search field to open its EWS page.
- Go to the Networking tab.
- Select the Wi-Fi Direct Setup option.
- You can see the Wi-Fi Direct password of your printer on the opened page.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W PRINTER FUNCTION SETUP
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w offers three different printer functions. All three functions are easy to set up and perform. This section will show you how to set up your HP printer for the scan and copy operations. Continue reading this page to know more about the same in detail.
- Initially, ensure that your printer’s hardware setup is completed.
- Next, connect your printer to the computer over a USB or wireless connection.
- Ensure that the latest version of the scanner driver is installed on your computer.
- Now, load the paper, document, or photo you want to scan.
- To do so:
- Open the scanner glass.
- Place the document or paper with its print-side facing down.
- Close the glass.
- After loading the document, begin the scan operation from your Windows or Mac computer using the HP Scan (Windows) or HP Easy Scan (Mac) software.
Scanning using the HP Easy Scan software (Mac)
- Open the Applications folder.
- Choose the HP Easy Scan software to open it.
- Check whether your scanner is selected correctly on the HP Easy Scan software screen. If not, select it manually from the Scanner drop-down menu.
- Choose the document type you’re scanning or the scan job type from the Presets drop-down menu.
- Finally, click the Scan button.
- Now, your HP LaserJet printer will start scanning the placed document.
- Once the document is scanned, the Scan Completed dialog box with the “More to scan?...” message will open.
- Click the Scan Next Item button if you wish to continue the scan operation.
- Otherwise, click the Done button.
- Check and connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer to the power source if it is not yet connected.
- Turn on the printer.
- Place the document or sheet of which you want to make a copy on the scanner glass of your printer.
- Now, press the Copy Setup button to initiate the copy operation.
- Configure the copy settings, such as the number of copies, resolution, etc., as per your needs.
- Finally, print the Start Copy button.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W TROUBLESHOOTING
The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w troubleshooting solutions given below will show you how to fix the common printer problems and Er/03.Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in fixing your printer problems.
- HP LASERJET PRO MFP M29W ERROR 03
The Er/03 message will be displayed on the screen when the input tray is out of paper or when the printer fails to pick the paper from the tray. Perform the simple and quick troubleshooting methods given below to clear this error.
- First, check whether the input tray has enough paper to perform the print operation. If not, load enough paper into it.
- Secondly, check to ensure that the recommended paper type is loaded into the tray. Also, ensure that the input tray settings are configured correctly on your printer.
- Check and clean the paper feed and pick rollers if your printer is connected to the Windows OS-based computer.
- Try resetting the printer. To do so:
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Unplug or disconnect the power cable from the printer and your electrical outlet.
- Count for 60 seconds and reconnect the cable.
- Turn on the LaserJet printer and check if Er/03 is cleared.
- If none of the solutions clear Er/03, the problem might be with the printer’s hardware. Take the necessary steps to fix it.
- RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS
You can restore your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer settings to default using its EWS page.
- Visit the EWS page of your printer.
- Click on the System tab.
- Choose Save and Restore.
- Go to the Restore defaults section.
- Click the Restore defaults button.
- If there is no Save and Restore option available, click on Service and go to the Restore Defaults section. Click the Restore Defaults button.
- Now, your printer settings will be restored to default.
- PRINTER NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
“Is your HP LaserJet printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?” If yes, try these simple solutions to fix it.
- Initially, check whether the Wi-Fi Direct feature is enabled on your printer if you’re using the Wi-Fi Direct method. If not, enable it now.
- Next, ensure that the VPN connection is disabled on your network.
- Place your printer and the computer or device in the same room, closer to each other.
- Reconfigure the Wi-Fi Direct setup if you have configured it wrongly.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your HP printer and the computer if it is connected.
- PRINTER NOT PRINTING
- Check if your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer is turned on. If not, turn it on.
- Ensure that your printer is selected in the Print dialog box.
- Check if the input tray of your printer has sufficient paper. If not, reload the tray.
- Check to ensure that the toner cartridge is installed properly in its slot.
- Reinstall the printer driver if necessary.
- If any error message is displayed on the screen, perform the necessary solutions to fix it.